A new season and a new car

Wombwell Large Scale Championship

Moderator: the stig

Postby CARB » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi there,
As the Wombwell club was the last place the MCD was raced I thought that I would just let everyone know that the new MCD X4 rally car will be at King Cobra next week starting the 14 Feb, full information and prices are on the King Cobra web site or at MCD.com.
There is also an intro video of the car being driven by Sinan the company owner in full rally style mainly sideways as is his style.
The new X4 is now much cheaper to buy than the previous rally car, at well under a £1k for the full competition specification, which has everything you need to race the car, anti roll bars, alloy gear blocks etc.
The much lower price is due to MCD not using a manufactures shell design and designing their own, which I think they have made a stunning job of, the X4 shell follows the shape of the new breed of 2011 WRC cars being short very wide and chunky.
Wide wheel arches and a multi element twin plane rear wing made of black plastic simulates the full size while under the rear of the shell a diffuser has been moulded into the lower rear panel, additional moulding on the roof finish off the masterpiece. (Well I think so)
MCD have come a long way since the early blue line cars, a little like the old Skoda, but look at Skoda now they even out placed VW in a Powers best car poll a few years ago.
Quality, looks a good price and reliability what else do you need.
Neale
CARB

Postby CARB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi there,
The first twenty MCD X4 cars have been delivered and now all but one sold, I believe a couple of well know saloon drivers have seen the X4 and been impressed with the quality and looks of the shell and chassis so that is a positive sign being that it has passed their inspection.

It is thought that next batch is due in some time in March, so the MCD X4 looks like a BIG sucess, to have sold 19 onroad cars in under a week must be a first, and that any of the alloy two wheel manufacturers take notice of.

To follow the build and testing of the MCD X4 check out the mcdrc forum MCD on road/rally section

Sincerely
Neale
CARB

Return to Wombwell LS Championship (WLSC)